Wednesday 30 November 2011

Like Fine Wine...Louise Brooks

Most beautiful dumb girls think they are smart and get away with it, because other people, on the whole, aren't much smarter.   ---Louise Brooks


You know her face. Even if you don't know her name, you know the trademark bob hair style, the dark sultry eyes and the pouty lips. Louise Brooks. Legendary 1920's silent film star. Trendsetter, a dame way ahead of her time.

Everybody who knows the Zampster knows Louise Brooks is my idol, my girl dejour. If I could pick from a heavenly line-up of women I'd most choose to look like, it would be this beauty. Not so much because of her gorgeous, obvious looks--but because of her mystery, her sex appeal, her class.


Even without the trademark kohl-lined eyes, she had natural beauty. A glow.

Versatility

...and then more versatility

But one of the reasons I've always admired her beauty was the grace in which she aged. Though dark beauty can fade, true deep-down-in-the-soul class and grace cannot be dimmed. Nothing can touch it.

Louise in 1957

Just look at those elegant lines...

Years did not diminish her inner warmth, that exquisite glow that came from deep within.

Among her last photos, she still maintined that regal beauty, still the goddess, still that fabulous glow.

Yes, not only the men can hold their own in the aging department. If true beauty resides deep within us, it will shine, even when we are mere memories.

Oh, Louise, you are so my idol.

6 Comments:

Eric Arvin said...

What a magnificent woman!

C. Zampa said...

That she was, Eric. Sigh..

Moria said...

I could only hope to look that wonderful at her age. Gorgeous!

C. Zampa said...

Oh, Moria, you and me both.
And howdy by the way! Good to see you!

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

No wonder. I had no idea she was so elegant. Shame on me. But now I do and I'm going surfing so I can learn more about her. thanks, Carol! You little cutie!

C. Zampa said...

She IS so elegant, isn't she, Joylene?

And she's the little cutie, not me! LOL!